It is with great sadness to announce that the North York Writer’s Group has been put on indefinite hiatus due to declining attendance and lack of participation. Thank you all for-
Hahahahaa hahahaha April fools!
I’m sure you’re all doing fine – sorry I missed the last meeting, work sucks – and I expect many more meetings to come.
Now beyond stimulating heart attacks with dirty tricks, April 1st is also the advent of Small Press Spring launches!
Seriously with the Easter Bunny kicking the crap out of Jack Frost, the printing presses have been humming and there are six launches for the month of April (and one in May) all waiting for you to come out and enjoy.
- Coach House Books – April 3, 8:00pm, The Garrison
- Mansfield Press – April 9, 7:30pm, Monarch Tavern
- Vehicule Press – April 11, 7:00pm, Monarch Tavern
- Book Thug – April 15, 7:30pm, The Supermarket
- Wolsak & Wynn – April 16, 7:00pm, The Gladstone
- House of Anansi – April 22, 7:00pm, The Garrison
- ECW Press – May 12, 8:00pm, The Piston
I’ll be doing my darnest to come to at least to the Coach House launch, and maybe Mansfield if I can. I hope to see some of you there.
By Joshua P’ng, a North York Writer